Ultimate Tips Plan a Romantic Beach Date in New Jersey
You scoured singles in New Jersey—from Tinder and online dating sites, local bars and clubs, blind dates set up by friends and coworkers, and maybe even with help from our dating experts here at South Jersey Matchmakers. Now, you finally found someone who is worth your time and efforts. You’ve done dinners, drinks, movies, and even bowling. You want to enjoy the beautiful spring and summer and want to be out and about with your new love interest. You thought out a local outdoor restaurant, but after so many dinner dates all winter long, you’re over the restaurant scene now. You want to do something fun, something exciting, something memorable. Luckily for you, the New Jersey has lots to offer you, including miles of pristine beaches.
Ah, the ocean… Who doesn’t love it? The summer breeze, the glistening sand, the foamy surf, and the piping hot sun are exactly what your dating life needs. You have been dying for a beach date with this special man or woman in your life, but planning a beach date is a little more intricate than planning a dinner date. There are many things you need to take into consideration, but that’s what we’re here for.
If you’re ready to enjoy the Jersey shores to the fullest, read on as our Cherry Hill matchmakers show you the ultimate tips to plan a romantic beach date in New Jersey.
A Can’t-Skip Checklist Before Leaving Your House
- Pack sunscreen, preferably SPF 30 or higher
- Pack plenty of water to keep hydrated
- Pack a cooler with ice and refreshing snacks
- Pack an umbrella to protect yourselves from UV rays
- Pack towels
- Pack swimming suits
- Pack flip flops or sandals
- Pack a lightweight cover-up in case you stay until evening
- Pack a change of clothes
- Pack hats and sunglasses for more protection
- Pack a picnic basket
- Pack a ball or Frisbee to pass the time
- Pack something to read
- Pack a portable music player (don’t forget those extra batteries)
- Pack aloe vera gel to protect yourself from sunburn
- Pack a camera to capture the wonderful times together (& to post them on social media)
Pick an Ideal Spot
If you’re blessed enough to live near the coastline, then you have many options at your disposal. Simply punch in a location and see what is recommended. Keep in mind the ideal location for you and your date. Some questions to ask yourselves include:
- Are you looking for rocky crags or tide pools to explore with your date?
- Are you looking for a place where you can fish?
- Are you looking for a beach that is ideal to play volleyball or other activities?
- Do you want to surf?
- Do you want a place that is perfect for a picnic? Something with bathrooms or a nearby shower?
- Are you looking for a tourist destination that’s popping with people?
- Are you looking for an isolated beach that is a little more quiet & cozy?
- Are you looking for a scenic beach with plenty of photo ops?
- Do you want a beach that is near restaurants & other attractions?
Helpful Tips for Your Romantic Beach Date
Our Cherry Hill matchmakers want to make your beach date in New Jersey go as smooth as water. No pun intended. So here are a few extra tips you want to keep in mind.
- If you’re going to a beach, you want to get there early. During the sizzling summer months, the Jersey beaches become super crowded with people because everyone wants to get the best spot.
- Always bring some extra cash for cold treats, water, souvenirs, parking, etc.
- Leave valuables at home. Don’t wear that $5,000 watch or those expensive diamond earrings you got for Christmas. Only carry what you need and leave the rest at home.
- Don’t forget to lock your car.
- Always reapply sunscreen, preferably every two hours. You need to protect your skin from the sun’s harmful rays. There is nothing like a sunburn to spoil a wonderful beach date.
- Consume twice as much water as you normally do. And if you’re going to have a few alcoholic drinks (which we’re sure you are), then you want to drink a little more to stay hydrated. No drinking and driving.
You can’t have a date unless food is involved, right? So let our Cherry Hill matchmakers share our advice when it comes to packing food for a beach date.
- Bring plenty of drinks. We recommend a jug of water or a water bottle package kept in a cooler. Bring some fruit juice instead of soda because sodas are dehydrating. You’re going to sweat when you’re in the sun, which is why you need to stay hydrated throughout the day by drinking tons of water.
- You don’t want to pack anything too heavy for a beach date. Our matchmakers recommend you bring along a variety of finger foods like sandwiches. Any sandwich will do but tuna salad, ham, turkey, and roast beef.
- Pack juicy fruits that are refreshing. Fruits such as pears, mangos, oranges, strawberries, and grapes will help keep you hydrated during the piping hot summer days at the beach.
- Pack fresh veggies to nibble at. Items like carrots, cauliflower, cucumber slices, and celery sticks are perfect for the summer.
- Pack cubed cheese, pretzel sticks, granola bars, and trail mixes.
- Pack your favorite bottle of wine. Don’t forget two cups.
- Pack your date’s favorite candies to surprise them.
No matter the time of the year, the beach is a great place for a date, but nothing beats a summer beach date in New Jersey. Now that you know how to plan a romantic beach date, we hope you enjoy it. If you’re single & looking for someone special to impress with a romantic beach date, contact our Cherry Hill matchmakers and let us introduce you to quality singles in New Jersey.
Fill out the private & secure form at the top of this page to reserve your FREE 90 minute matchmaking consultation with our dating experts here at South Jersey Matchmakers today!